TGD continuously receives cases of affected families where our assistance is required. Broadly, we provide the following support:
- Emotional Support: Involves core work with affected families including personal visits and phone calls
- Financial Support: Establishing means of monetary support as well as assisting in other ways such as creating a bank of resource persons/partner organizations
- Logistical and Practical Support: Providing assistance for household work and other logistics that the family is unable to take care of.
- Psychological Support: Involves support groups for survivors as well as connecting sufferers with professionals who may be able to help.
- Legal Support: Facilitation in various legal matters the affected families may be facing, such as assistance in due process of political violence, succession certificates and bank/property issues, etc.
PARTNERSHIP WITH THE GOVERNMENT
TGD has collaborated with Punjab Social Welfare Department which now offers free medical and psychological help to families affected by terrorism in all government hospitals in Lahore. TGD is endeavoring to ensure that this service can soon be extended all over Punjab and then nationwide.
Collaboration with 1122 Emergency Services
TGD has worked with 1122 to assess the vulnerability and mental health of the first responders who deal with trauma and high stress on a continuous basis. We have provided them opportunities for counseling as well as recommended measures to institutionalize such services so that proper care is available to those who risk their lives to provide emergency care to citizens.